Monday, October 7, 2019

Getting Started

It has taken me a week to find Wifi.  There are too many other things to do.  I am keeping a journal that I can carry with me. (Thank you, Averill.) Today is a rainy day so I have found a coffee house in Bar Harbor for a bit of a social media break.

This is a naturalist journey for me and so also a spiritual journey.  I have always found my renewal in nature.  Walking back from the chicken yard with warm eggs in my hand looking at the evening colors framing my house has always been  my blessing at the end of the day. 


I am feeling that renewal on this journey.  I have driven into reds, yellows and oranges and have smiled.  The first night I stayed in Ohio.  So far every park has been near water - lakes, oceans, bays. Water reflecting was is real and what is true.  On that first night I was awakened when I heard a thud on the car door. I have screens that I can put on the windows on warm nights so the windows were down to let in the night air. At the sound I bolted, grabbed the keys and put the windows up.  With a moment to breathe, I realized that it was a raccoon probably smelling the ripe bananas in the car.  I didn't want it lifting the screen and climbing into the car.  Raccoons are very clever.  I heard it again later in the night.  At break fast I saw little paw prints on the hood of the car.  It had definitely been exploring. 

The campground was interesting in that it was decorated for fall holidays.  People lived there and served as hosts.  They were having a decorating contest.

1 comment:

  1. we had adventures with raccoons getting into our bike bags for granola bar wrappers -- and into a "raccoon proof" box provided by a park where we camped - never kept any food or toothpaste even in tent with us, oh my - what fun and a journey of heart, head, mind, spirit, miles...YES! we are with yyou...

    ReplyDelete