Thursday, October 10, 2019

A beautiful drive

I left Acadia with a bit of sadness.  So beautiful.  I took a leisurely drive on blue highways down the coast to stay with Gordon and Barbara, New City friends, in Portland. We feasted on lobsta rolls at the Lobsta Shack, a great spot next to a light house where the waves crashed against rocks, and we could see a moonbeam on the water.  Feeling tremendous gratitude for their hospitality.

The next day I headed to Lou and Loreen's in Nahant, MA where I have been treated to more hospitality in the form of home cooked meals and a chance to catch up with family.  Along the way I again passed through beautiful coastal towns.  In a parallel life I think I am living in a wood framed house on a hill overlooking the bogs not too far from the ocean. 

I was stopped by a couple of draw bridges. 

Hi Ho the Rattlin Bog.  I sang that first grade song all morning after passing these beauties. 




A park in Gloucester with beautiful flowers

A memorial to the women and families of men lost at sea. 


The most gorgeous dahlias I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment