Sunday, November 22, 2020

The story of stuff - a beginning

 Starting a new project.  This is the beginning.  23 and me said I might have old age Alzheimer.  So in case I forget, here it is before I do.  

There is a lot of stuff around this house.  I remember that one of my mother’s greatest frustrations as she was leaving us, was trying to tell me the stories of all her stuff.  The same thing happened with Isabella when one day she had to leave her home.  So I am telling the story of stuff here. There will still be many things that you will wonder “what the hell” about.   The stuff has no value except in its story.  The stories I am not telling are the ones you get make up if you decide to keep whatever it is.



When I was in junior high and high school, I liked to look good and that meant wearing fingernail polish and lipstick. When I was thirteen, it all began with just a bit of light lip gloss.  That is what I was permitted.  In high school, I had a spice rack on the wall with all my bottles of polish and colors of lipstick.  I found this cute little poodle to hold one bottle that it is still holding.  Price for the bottle about 25 cents.  Cathy would sneak into my room and get into my make up which drove me crazy.  I found this at grandma’s house and decided to put it in my downstairs medicine cabinet.





This is an eye glass that grandma used whenever we got something in our eye.  She would put water in the cup, hold it up to our eye and then tell us to blink.  It was torture. I was one of those kids who hated getting my hair washed in the bathtub because I did not want water in my eyes. And later I hated opening my eyes underwater when I was learning to swim.   Perhaps there was a connection. 








No comments:

Post a Comment