Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Goldie

     Yesterday I finished building an extra fenced space for the chickens and this morning I let them out to use the space. I gave them warnings about the bees and the bees warnings about them. They were so happy to get grass. I sat with them for a while and then decided it was time to have lunch. When I finished eating I thought I would walk over and check on them again.  As soon as I opened the door,  I heard horrible shrill squawks. And then I saw the hawk who had Goldie down. I raced to the chicken yard, shouting, waving my arms to make him give up his prey, but it was too late. The hawk had done too much damage for me to save her. I held her and stoked her head while she died. And now I have six chickens. I hate losing chickens. Below is a video of my girls last Christmas. 



No comments:

Post a Comment